Administration in Bijapur
Bijapur, one of the popular heritage cities located in the Karnataka state of India is also one of the top ten populated cities in Karnataka. The Bijapur city has been declared as one of the corporations in the state of Karnataka last year. The civic administration of the city is managed by the Bijapur City Corporation and office of Deputy Commissioner in Bijapur. The office of Deputy Commissioner has the responsibility of rural areas in Bijapur, while the corporation administrates the city of Bijapur. Effective administration of the heritage city of Bijapur is the main intention behind all the activities of Bijapur City Corporation.
Some of the functions of the Bijapur city corporation are listed below:
- Urban planning including town planning
- Regulation of Land use and Construction of Buildings
- Planning for Economic and Social development
- construction and maintenance of Roads and Bridges
- Water Supply (Domestic, Industrial and Commercial)
- Public Health, Sanitation, and Conservancy
- Urban forestry, protection of environment and ecology
- Urban Poverty Alleviation
- Provision of urban amenities and facilities like parks, gardens and playgrounds
- Promotion of cultural, educational, and aesthetic aspects in the city
- Burials and burial grounds, cremations, cremation grounds and electric crematoriums
- Cattle pounds, prevention of cruelty to animals
- Vital Statistics including registration of births and deaths
- Public amenities including street lighting, parking lots, bus stops and public conveniences
- Regulation of slaughter houses and tanneries
Office of the City Corporation of Bijapur
- M.G Road, Bijapur-586101
- Phone Number: 08352-251004
- E-mail: email@example.com
Administration of rural areas in BijapurDeputy Commissioner of Bijapur is the head of the administration of Bijapur district. There are many branches in the office of Deputy Commissioner and each branch is managed by separate managers called Shirshtedars. There are first division assistants and second division assistants in every branch of the deputy commissioner’s office.
Assistant Commissioner's, Tahsildars, Shirstedars, and Revenue Inspectors are some of the important officers working under the Deputy Commissioner to help in the administration of Bijapur district.
The office of deputy commissioner of Bijapur has many branches within it and these branches are working in coordination. The major branches operating in the deputy commissioner’s office in Bijapur are mentioned below:
Administrative Section:Matters regarding vacancies, appointments, transfers & promotions, pay & allowances, postings, and retirements in Bijapur are under the Administrative Section of deputy commissioner's office.
Revenue Section:This section deals with the Demand Collection & Balance, Land Grants, Land Conversion, Land Acquisition, Land Reforms cases, Mines, and Minerals in Bijapur.
Election Section:This department manages all the activities related to different elections in the district of Bijapur.
Municipal Section:This section handles the municipal matters like Housing schemes, Water supply schemes, and Slum Area Development.
Muzarai Section:The construction, maintenance, and renovation of Muzarai temples are the functions of this section.
Census Section:All the matters regarding census are under this department.
Judicial Section:The department has the charge of judicial matters in Bijapur.
Miscellaneous Section:This section deals with miscellaneous matters like issue of income and caste certificates, meeting the statistics, PWD works, and many others.
Deputy Commissioners Office in Bijapur
- Near to the KSRTC Bus Stand, Bijapur
- Phone number: 08352 250021
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Courts in BijapurThe district court of Bijapur, one of the oldest courts in Karnataka was established in the year of 1904. There are a total of 4 district courts in Bijapur now. One Family Court, 2 F.T.C. Courts, 1 Labour Court, 1 Prl. Civil Judge’s Court, 4 Sr. Civil Judge’s Court, 3 Addl. C.J & JMFC Courts, and civil courts in 4 different Taluks are the major courts in the city of Bijapur.
Political Scenario in Bijapur
Member of Parliament (MPs) from BijapurSri Jigajinagi R Chandappa
Address: Vinoda Farm, Near Bhutanal Tank, Bijapur-586 101
Phone number: (08352) 263233, 264323
Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs) from BijapurShri M.B. Patil
Phone number: 9845429246, 080 22251568
Shri A.S. Patil
Address: Shraya Building, Vivekanagar West, Jai Santhosi Road, Jalnagar, Bijapur
Phone number: 9740419999, 080 22359515, 080 23513313
Shri Shivanand S Patil
Address: Ward No.7, M.G. Road, Bijapur.
Phone number: 9448114709, 99453550678
Shri. Dr Makbul Bagawan
Address: Sonar BowadI, Bijapur.
Phone number: 9844043080
Shri Raju Algur
Address: H.No.12 609/B, Toravi Village, T/D Bijapur.
Phone number: 9448194299
Shri Yashavantrayagouda Patil
Address: Padanur (New), Bijapur.
Phone number: 9844061385, 9449517803
Shri Ramesh Bhusanur
Address: Devanagaon, Sindagi- 586206, Bijapur
Phone number: 9900410001, 9448123822
Bijapur PoliceThe Bijapur district police have a history of 125 years and they work for the maintenance of law and order in the city. Superintendent of Police is the head of the police department in Bijapur. The district police department has been divided into three sub divisions, Bijapur, Indi and Basavan Bagewadi. These sub divisions are again divided into 8 circles and there are 23 police stations working under these 8 circles.
Important contact numbers of Bijapur police
- Police control room Bijapur: 08352 250844
- Superintendent of police Bijapur: 08352 250152
- Additional superintendent of police Bijapur: 08352 250040
- ASP Bijapur sub division: 08352 253100, 9480804220